The Junior Designer works closely with Design Director on the design and development process of all garments while remaining consistent with Unify guidelines and sensibility.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Works closely with the design director to manage the design process from concept to production of finished collections.
- Develops innovative designs consistent with Unify Collection
- Understands the Unify Customer and brand positioning.
- Works cross-functionally and timely with Design and Sales teams to determine style, materials, color and to develop a successful product.
- Operates within the given design calendar timelines
- Ability to work closely with other design team members to help design a cohesive collection and runway show.
- Researches and stays on top of current trends & applies trends to product design.
- Researches & sources materials & components, provides Design director with feedback and inspiration.
- Collaborates with mills and factories.
- Oversees artwork and design boards. Ensures that all boards are done timely and meet the calendar deadlines.
- Creates & delivers product presentations.
- Identifies opportunities and makes suggestions for process improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art or Fashion
- 6+ years design experience
- Strong sense of color, fashion, product & trend
- Strong knowledge of design & product development process
- Strong design and conceptual skills
- Strong organizational, time management, written & verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Able to travel 30% of time
To apply for this position, please email your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org